Saturday, January 19, 2013

To My Readers: A Letter

To My Unwaveringly Faithful Readers and Newcomers Alike,


  First I would like to apologize for how long it has been since my last post. As most of you know I work in retail and when the holiday season fell upon us, and in retail this means 'Black Friday,' I found myself swept up in the madness and with no energy to spare. This seems a weak excuse I know but it is the truth, and as we all know I strive for the truth here. I will say no more about that except for this last, it has been a crazy hectic last couple of months for me and they left me dry and exhausted and I apologize that I wasn't able to keep you well reviewed.

On a different note, shortly (hopefully anyway) there will be some changes to the blog. I will still be the blunt, ever truthful, mostly witty reviewer that you have all grown to know and love. However I have decided to make things more focused, set more of a theme so to speak. Yes folks I have decided to become a one genre girl. With this, rather large, decision I hope not to drive people away but rather to entice more people to start reading my reviews. Okay, okay I know what you are thinking and the answer is no I don't do these reviews simply for page views or followers, although those are a nice perk (so tell everyone you know about my site), but in order to share the gift of reading with people.

That is the very reason I started off reviewing a little bit of everything. And while that was fun and may even have introduced somebody to a genre or title that they may never have thought to look into, or warned someone away from something they were thinking about picking up, I feel that the time has come to focus more. I am hoping that this focus will help me be great at one thing rather than relatively  okay at many. So stayed tuned because I have a feeling that with this new direction things could be getting very interesting.

Before I sign off I want to say that to those authors out there that I have reviewed and interviewed, especially one Miss Stephanie Kate Strohm who has a new Libby Kelting adventure coming out this year, I will always make an exception for you and your new books. However other than that my plan is to stick to one genre and one genre only. I'm sure you are all wondering what that genre is going to be but I think I'll keep you all in the dark until my first new review comes out. A girl has to keep a certain air of mystery about her after all.

With All My Sincerest Reading Wishes,

The Girl in the Tiny Hat

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout - I feel very honored! As soon as I get my ARCs, there's one with your name on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is truly my pleasure. I'm looking forward to it! Can't wait in fact! =D

      Delete
  2. Well written, well put! I am looking forward to the next chapter of the Tiny Hat.

    ReplyDelete