Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Change is Upon Us

To My Faithful Readers,

   The time has come once more to switch things up. I have come to realize, and I am sure that you have noticed as well, that I don't stick to the simple read and review formula. I change things around, do interviews (when I can get them), comparisons, discussions etc. I find that I rather enjoy writing this way. With more creativity and spontaneity than just 'this is the title of the book, here is what happened and this is what I thought about A, B, and C.' And so with the start of a new season, spring/summer (in New York they seem to flow into one another) has finally begun, I am embracing this wacky way of updating. 
    Now fret not dear ones for there will of course be times that I revert back to the old formula standby. I am not knocking this method of blogging or updating. In fact I quite enjoy it most of the time, but I find that if I try to force myself to stick to that and only that I lose the passion for reviewing that I started with. That passion is not something I am willing to give up and so I am trying to find new ways of expressing it. I hope that since you have stayed with me for so long already that you too will be excited with the 'new' way of doing things. 
    Here is what I am hoping will be the new Girl in the Tiny Hat, I want to bring a little more me into the mix. I love reading people's personal accounts of how they came across a favorite book or an incredible story of a person's journey reading everything a favorite author has ever written. I hope to share these kind of stories about myself with all of you. I want to be able to share when I've gone to an author reading or a big book event in detail and without feeling like I am taking away from the reviewing process. There will still be book reviews for sure, that will never stop, but I want to focus more on the discussion aspect of the review process. Remember my review/discussion of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's?' If not click here. That is the type of comparison/discussion that I am going for.
     This is something that I have been thinking about for quite awhile but haven't yet put into motion. I plan on starting this in the next post. I guess though that this may even be considered the first post of the new Girl in the Tiny Hat. I believe that change can be a good thing most of the time and I hope that you all feel that way too. Because the more I think about it the more I realize that reading and reviewing, for me anyway, is less about the A, B, C's of the book and more about the feeling I get when I finally open that one book I've been looking forward to for months or finish a book that I came across in some unusual way. Isn't that more exciting and fulfilling than just reading what the book is about and if I liked it? 
     Anyway this is what I have planned for the new me. I hope that you all keep coming back to see what new thing or adventure I have to talk about. I think that this is going to be a super exciting new direction that I am taking and I look forward to hearing from all of you on it as well. I want to take this time to thank all of you for being readers, for coming to support me and for just generally being all of you. Maybe I haven't yet met you all or heard from all of you yet but just knowing you are out there being supportive of a book nerd such as myself is amazing. You are the reason I get on here and review book after book, and why I finally pick up that one book that I have been promising myself I have to read. So thank you for everything, and I look forward to this next journey we are taking together.

                 Happy Reading All,
                  The Girl in the Tiny Hat
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! This sounds awesome. Can't wait to see what's coming next.

    ReplyDelete