Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Greatness that is Jaz Parks

OK so I have been gone for quite awhile. My BRAND NEW computer stopped working for no apparent reason. Then my internet went out so I couldn't even use my old computer to get online. Lameness all around. But now it seems like as long as I stay plugged in and don't make any sudden moves I can use the internet on my old computer. And so I return.

Being gone this long I know that there are movies that I should talk about but I have to talk about one of the world's greatest series of all time. My friend has already posted about the first book "Once Bitten, Twice Shy." But I am here to talk about the series in the wholeness that makes it whole.

It is the Jaz Parks series written, brilliantly I might add, by Jennifer Rardin. It stars the wonderfully hardcore, a little crazy, voice hearing Jaz Parks. CIA assassin of the paranormal type. As in she kills the bad paranormal types. Her boss, Vayl, is a vampire, refined, an excellent fighter, strong, beautiful, intelligent, and well dead for the daytime hours. Together they form a crew with a paranoid genius, a very old, drop dead gorgeous psychic and a boyish ex-PI who along with his high-tops and womanizing ways has quite a gift for choosing the best type of bubble gum for each mission.

In each book the team faces new challenges. Crazy Vampires wanting to be dragons, haunted houses, trips to hell, bubblegum shortages. You just never know when it comes to Jaz and her gang. But the thing that stays the same, no matter what, is the witt, humor and many facets that is Jaz. She has her grandmother voice for any life type advice that is needed. Her inner bimbo, permanently seated at the bar but rarely able to stay put. Teen her, her inner librarian and a few others. Voices, beings, magic, fighting and demons, make up what has become one of my all time favorite series. There were six books when I first stumbled upon them and I have been waiting for number seven for quite some time. So imagine my genuine joy when I discovered that it has been out for awhile and there might even be an 8th out already. Either way this series gets all ten stars on the ten star chart. Or the highest rating, however you choose to rate things.

I say go forth and read. There is a plethora of enjoyment in these books. I say to you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment